Sunday, January 29, 2012

Garnier B.B. Cream Review

The latest trend is BB Creams. Its been around for a long time in Asia and has just come over to the states. YAY for us. Lots of companies are jumping on this bandwagon i.e. Smashbox  and Too Faced (which I will review soon)

So what exactly is a BB Cream? 
It goes by several names Blemish Balm, Blemish Base or Beblesh Balm, is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia. Originally formulated in Germany it was initially used by dermatologists to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage for post-laser scars, acne and other blemishes.


BB creams come in a variety of different formulations and qualities. Some are said to have skin whitening or brightening properties. Others are said to be anti-acne or anti-wrinkle, some are intended to even out skin tone, and yet others to lighten blemish scars. BB creams are sometimes used like a primer under foundation, and if tinted may supposedly replace foundation and some newer ones are advertised as having functions of primer, foundation, moisturizer, sun block, pore minimization and skin refining together.

So lets talk about Garnier's BB Cream. First I love the packaging of this product its very sleek and modern.You have two shades to choose from: Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I selected the Light/Medium



This is what it looks like out of the package
Applied to my hand. You can see the diference between the two pictures from one application.

Applying this product is just like applying any primer. A little bit goes a long way. It has a lovely scent to it, it goes one very smooth, feels wonderful on your skin and gives you such a nice coverage blending seemsly into your skin natural color. 

My skin has a redness, freckles, large pores and just overall has lots of flaws. As you can see below.


(I actually cant believe I posted this picture, oh well its for a good cause)
After having one application I feel it did exactly what it clams it does. Its not a full coverage like foundation but it gives a great coverage. A mom of two on the go, I dont always have time to do a full face so I love the idea of applying this in the mornings. It not only will give me the coverage I would want but also improve me skins overall appearnce. 

Would I purchase again: Yes

Did it deliver what it says it does: After one application I feel it does but would like to see what happens after two weeks of use to give a definite answer to this.

Cost: $12.00

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment